Local Tradesman Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1988 and 2003.
This privacy statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.localtradesman.ie you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this privacy statement. If you are not happy with this privacy statement you should not use our site. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.localtradesman.ie (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you voluntarilysubmit it to us through a direct email to us or submit it to us via the website by completing information in the contact us page or in any similar page where you can request us to do something for you. The information you give us may include your name, address, company position, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Purposes for which we hold the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information to to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us and any related administrative purposes;
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- gain a better understanding of where our visitors come from and what technology is used to access our site;
- learn more about the number of visitors to our site, traffic patterns and visitor behaviours on our site; and
- help us improve design and navigation of our site and ensure content is relevant and useful to visitors.
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may use this information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Local Tradesman Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it may be one of the transferred assets provided that the third party agrees to adhere to the terms of the Privacy Statement and provided that the third party only uses your personal information for the purposes that you provided it to us;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or if we are permitted by law to make the disclosure.
- Your personal data is held on secure servers. The nature of the Internet is such that wecannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. Hence no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your personal data.
UPDATING, VERIFYING AND DELETING PERSONAL DATA
- You have a right of access to your personal data under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. To find out what personal data we hold on you, please email your request to us via the “Contact Us” section on our site. Any such data subject requests may be subject to the prescribed fee.
- You have a right to have your personal data corrected, if inaccurate, or erased, if we do not have a legitimate reason for retaining the data. To have you personal data corrected or erased, please email your request to us via the “Contact Us” section of our site.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
- Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted on our site so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any time we decide to use personal data in a manner significantly different from that stated in this Privacy Statement, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by email, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in the new manner.
- If you wish to contact us about any of the information in this Privacy Statement, please contact us via the “Contact Us’ section of our website.